Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dollar Tree, Literacy Tubs, and TEXAS

 Made a trip to Dollar Tree the Best Teacher Store in the world!  I found these great tongs that I can use in my literacy tubs or math stations!  They can be used to pick things up so that the children are using those pincher muscles and well as their brains!  If they go across the mid line of their body, it is even better!!!
 These will be great in my treasure box.  We are about to study insects and even the girls will like these!
 I got batteries for my bell and my lights that I thought I MUST have way back in August but never got batteries for...until this weekend!
Dust is EVERYWHERE and I know this will help.  The kids love to "help" me dust.  I am going to see how strong the magnets really are by loading them up with posters, papers and whatever else I need hung up!
 These literacy tubs were made by Miss Alkire.  This is one where the child will choose a sight word and then find the letters to make the word.  It is also practice finding the letters and putting them back in the correct slot!
 This tub has lots of stencils to trace so the child can get those writing muscles strong.  They trace as many as will fit on the paper front and back and write the label of each picture.  It is hard to see how well they did on this but they did a good job.
 This is a tub where the child has to sort the cards by the beginning sound and then record the word on a paper in the right catagory.
This is a tub that has rhyming bingo cards and there is also a set of rhyming puzzles.  We decided to use lots of rhyming practice these last two six weeks of school.
 We are going to do a Texas unit for only one week so it will be condensed into mostly facts.  This is a great book with lots of Texas information in it.
We recorded some of the Texas landforms and things that pertain to each part of Texas.  We also talked about how proud Texans were to live here.  I thought they did an awesome job copying this information.  We made a Texas flag today but I sent them home before I got a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment